Why we’re different
As well as the traditional subjects, our independent status means that at Hunter Hall we can look beyond the usual.
As a ‘preparatory’ school, we strive to live up to our name – to ‘prepare’ children for all that life has to offer. By teaching them a range of subjects and skills, children are given the breadth of knowledge to make informed choices. We aim for our children to have as many opportunities as possible throughout school and we ﬁrmly believe that they will only learn properly if they are happy and relaxed and have a respect for learning and those who help to instil it.
As well as the traditional subjects, our independent status means that at Hunter Hall we can look beyond the usual; for example, French is taught from Pre-School; independent study, forest school and outdoor education also feature on the curriculum.
Here are the reasons we think you should consider Hunter Hall School for your child’s education:
- We were voted as one of the Top 100 Preparatory Schools in the UK by the Sunday Times in 2017 and 2018
- Once again we received an excellent inspection from the ISI
- We offer choice. We’re standalone, which means pupils are free to choose which senior school to attend and therefore have more choice. 99% of our pupils get into their first choice.
- We offer an affordable education (on average our fees are 33% less than a typical independent junior school and the lowest in Cumbria.
- After school care until 5.30pm is included in the fees.
- Excellent results – SATs results are above average with a pass rate of over 90% each year. National average is 61%.
- We’re smaller, so give excellent pastoral care and know each of our pupils. They are not overshadowed by senior school pupils.
- Specialist subject teachers – children are taught by teachers who are trained in specific subject areas.
Many would say that above all else, the one thing that makes Hunter Hall truly special is the children. They are proud of their school and through pastoral osmosis they learn to look after themselves and each other.
Our website can only give you a ﬂavour of what is on offer at our school. Words cannot possibly convey the opportunities your child will have with an education at Hunter Hall. We are a small school that thinks big. Why not come and see us soon, invest in your child’s education and let us make a difference to their lives?
To make an appointment to come along and visit the school contact us here.
Download our prospectus
Everything you need to know about Hunter Hall
Download our prospectus
Let’s keep in touch
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and keep up-to-date with what's happening at Hunter Hall school.