Sessions and Fees
Our pre-school offers flexible sessions, competitive rates and up to 30 hours’ free funding.
Hunter Hall pre-school is open term time weekdays from 7.45am – 5.30pm. In the holidays, we operate a holiday club for ages 3-11 subject to demand.
Sessions are charged at £5 an hour or part thereof in 15 minute intervals and a hot, home-cooked lunch at £2.50.
Maximise your childcare by using your free childcare allowance (up to 30 hours per week.) Choose from the following funded sessions and top up with chargeable wrap around care.
No problem. Stay until, or arrive at, 1pm and use one additional funded hour plus £2.50 for a home-cooked lunch.
Tier 1 funded sessions
Full day: 9am – 4pm
Morning session: 9am -12pm
Afternoon session: 1pm – 4pm
Tier 2 funded sessions
Full day: 8.15am – 3.15pm
Morning sessions: 8.15am – 12pm
Afternoon session: 1pm – 3.15pm
Need wrap around care?
No problem. Arrive from 7.45am and / or stay until 5.30pm and just pay for the extra hours that fall outside of the funded sessions (£5 per hour or part thereof in 15 minute intervals).
Need to know
- Choose a tier and then pick and mix between whole and half days as you need
- Your child must attend at least two sessions a week
- Places will be offered on a first-come first-served basis.
- All fees are invoiced at the end of each term.
- If your child is ill or has appointments etc, you’ll be charged for the session but can take additional sessions in lieu within 7 days
- We do not charge a retention fee for family holidays or during holiday periods.
Funding eligibility and voucher schemes:
- Up to 15 hours funded weekly childcare is available to all 3 year olds, starting from the term after their third birthday.
- Some families will be eligible for a further 15 hours (30 hours in total). Please note that you must apply the term before you intend to start claiming the 30 hours of free childcare.
- For eligibility criteria and how to register to apply, visit: Childcare Choices Website or Cumbria County Council – Early Years
- Hunter Hall pre-school also operates the governments ‘Free Early Learning Scheme’ and the Childcare Voucher Scheme (from participating employers), as well as other childcare voucher schemes