There has been a pre-school and nursery at Hunter Hall school for the last 19 years and our flexible sessions are available for all children following their third birthday.
Hunter Hall pre-school (formerly Nutkins Nursery) is truly unique; adjacent to a working farm where the children can be at one with nature, yet with all the modern facilities a state of the art Penrith nursery or pre-school should have today.
We are also a big part of the main school and enjoy using the facilities on offer to us; including the hall, library,
Why choose Hunter Hall pre-school
• Hunter Hall pre-school gives children from age 3 upwards a superb introduction to school life in beautiful surroundings
• Our pre-school is teacher-led with specialist EYFS teachers
• We offer outstanding value with competitive rates and funding up to 30 hours
• We are located in a unique setting enhancing learning and igniting the imagination
• Flexible days and holiday sessions available
• Childcare from 8.15am to 5.30pm
• Wide curriculum covering all subjects (including French!)
• Open to all children, not just those who go on to attend the main school
An annual review visit by Children’s Services from Cumbria County Council in January 2015 and again in November 2016 highlighted the following;
• Teaching and learning at Hunter Hall pre-school continues to be outstanding. This is evidenced by high expectations for all children, no matter their starting point
• Partnership with parents is very good
• The outdoor environment is used to provide lots of opportunities for children to learn through exploring the world about them and investigating its similarities and differences
• The teaching of writing is a significant strength of the pre-school. The good progress pre-school children make is reflected in reception class outcomes, where a number of children have already achieved some early learning goals prior to the end of the EYFS
• The environment is used effectively to promote children’s social, emotional and physical development
• Robustly involved in schools healthy eating culture
• Children are actively encouraged, and allowed, to be independent learners
• Access to children is effectively managed by staff and pre-school is situated in a secure unit which helps protect children. The staff are knowledgeable and trained in safeguarding and employ robust procedures which ensure children are protected at all times
• The manager promotes a shared ambition to continually strive for improvement. The manager is an extremely experienced early years teacher and the rest of the Pre-school team are all experienced EYFS practitioners
With an excellent staff to child ratio, an all-weather outdoor facility for the children to let off steam, out of term time care and flexible session arrangements our pre-school should definitely be on your radar to come and visit.